Monday, July 11, 2005

please wait while I tickle my throat...

horrors! Danwei reports about fake beer and formaldehyde-laced beer. well, if they can fake LV, Guccis, eggs (yes, the chicken variety) and even 50RMB notes, those "fakers" can fake just about anything.

even imported brands like Corona, Budweiser, or Heineken are targetted. no wonder the local practise is to check the caps of beers or wine when the drinks arrived (and I thot it's like sommeliers let you smell the wine corks...)

with Beijing's soaring blast-furnace Summer temperatures, beers are going as briskly as ice cream and ice tea's. just when I thot I had recovered from the previous food scare (read KFC and Sudan-1). sheessshhh...

well, if I wanted to sniff formaldehyde I could have stayed as a zoologist and hang around pickled specimens in Raffles Museum, not to mention other pleasant chemicals like arsenic. it's like I've never left...like they say, it's a jungle out there...

update: apparently it's not as bad now...I think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: