Tuesday, March 22, 2005

legs n paddles 2003


I was reminded by Otterman's post about Legs n Paddles 2005 that I used to participate in Legs n Paddles, a canoe biathlon organised by NUS Sports Club during my undergrad days. When I returned to Singapore from Taipei in 2003, I tried to round up my previous team mate who's now a senior teacher and a mother. She laughed at me when I asked her to join again for old time sake. Finally managed to get Mark to team up with me. Needless to say, both of us didn't train much except for running. But we still met our objective of not ending up last!

Timings:-
Mark (5km): 30min 48s
Mark-Alvin (4km canoe): about 30 mins
Alvin (5km): about 33mins
Overall timing: 1h 34mins.

It was a gruelling race in the scalding mid-day sun but we managed to complete the course. Mark ran 5km, then the two of us paddled 4km around Kallang Basin, after which I finished the last 5km leg. The organisers used permanent markers to write the number tags on our arms and legs. It was so hot that the numbers were "branded" into my arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: