Sunday, January 11, 2004

the truth about Ramly burgers...


read the ST article about the popularity of Ramly burgers hitting Singapore's pasar malams and the fact it's illegal given the AVA ban on Malaysian beef and beef products.

I must say that I LOVE Ramly burgers. I gobble them up whenever I visit Malaysia. there's nothing like a piping hot Ramly Special (beef pattie wrapped in egg omelette) on a cold night in Frasers' Hill....yummmy...

yes, I can attest to the appearance of Ramly burger stalls in pasar malams recently. Both Robina and I have quaffed a few burgers in our neighborhood nite markets.

a few years back during Graduate Student Congress in Dept of Biological Science, NUS, I asked a Malaysian grad student who was presenting a paper on meat products about Ramly burgers. I told her that I often makan Ramlies in Malaysia and asked her what went into the burger patties. She replied that she too enjoyed Ramly burgers but you don't wanna know what went into them...

there was a moment of silence from the audience (shocked?) and then a burst of conspiratorial and knowing laughter...

well, I'm still eating Ramly burger bcos they are so sedap (delicious!) and shiok! most importantly, what u don know (and pretend not to know), will not hurt you! but don say I never tell u!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: